FAQ – Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I get to Muluwa Lodge?
You can download our easy-to-follow directions here: https://muluwa.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Muluwa-Directions-Sheet.pdf
- Where is the Lodge located?
The Lodge is located on the Likweti Bushveld Farm Estate, just outside White River.
Our address is: Curlews Road, White River, 1240
- Which airport is the closest?
Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport (KMIA), approximately 15km from the Lodge.
- What transportation options are available to and from Muluwa Lodge?
By road: we can arrange road transfers with our transport partners from Gauteng as well as Mpumalanga and Limpopo Provinces.
By air: Airlink offers daily flights to Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport, and the lodge can arrange a transfer from the airport to the Lodge.
- What are the check-in and check-out times?
Check-In: Strictly 2:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Check-Out: 07:00 am – 10:00 am
- What do I do if I require an early check-in or late check-out?
An early check-in can be requested with our reservations team and will be offered subject to availability. Guaranteed early check-in is only possible if the previous night is also booked.A Late check-out must be requested no later than the evening before departure and will be confirmed subject to availability. Guaranteed late check-out is only possible if the next day is also booked. Unconfirmed late check-outs will incur a fee of R 500 per hour or part thereof.
- What is your cancellation policy?
1 to 3 rooms per booking:
– Up to 7 days prior to arrival – no cancellation fee
– 6 – 0 days prior to arrival – 100% cancellation fee
– No shows will be held for 1 night, after which the accommodation will be releasedGroup cancellation policies are available on request from the reservations office.
- What amenities do you offer?
Rooms are equipped with:
– Twin/King beds with electric blankets
– En suite bathroom with shower (plus bath and additional outdoor shower in the Superior Rooms and Luxury Chalets)
– Bathroom amenities (Bath towels, hand towels, shower mat, shower gel, shampoo, hand lotion, shower cap, insect repellent)
– Minibar (stocked on request)
– Tea/coffee station
– Air conditioning unit
– Emergency foghorn
– USB charging station
- Is there a parking fee when driving to Muluwa Lodge?
The use of our uncovered parking area is free of charge.
- Is smoking permitted?
Smoking is only permitted in the designated areas. No smoking is permitted in the rooms.
- Can I bring my own food?
Regrettably, we do not offer self-catering facilities. We cater for guests with special dietary requirements. Please discuss your preferences with our reservations team prior to arrival.
- Can I bring my own alcohol?
We are a fully licensed establishment and all beverages must be purchased from our outlets only.
- What activities are offered at Muluwa Lodge?
– Hiking trails
– Mountain Biking Trails (please bring your own bikes)
– Scenic Nature Drive on the Likweti Bushveld Estate
– Picnic packages
– Spa treatments
– Fishing (catch & release – please bring your own fishing equipment)
– Bird Hide
- What activities are offered in the area?
– Kruger National Park
– Panorama Route (Blyde River Canyon, Bourke’s Luck Potholes, God’s Window, Graskop Gorge Lift, various waterfalls, Three Rondavels, Pilgrim’s Rest)
– Chimp Eden
– Kaapsehoop Wild Horses
– Swaziland Day Tours
– Sudwala Caves
– Lowveld Botanical Gardens
– The Art Route
- Do you offer added extras for romantic weekends, birthdays etc?
We have a range of options available. Contact our reservations department to book a romantic turndown, picnic package or birthday cake to add some flair to your stay.
- What are your restaurant hours?
Breakfast is served from 7:00 am – 10:00 am
Lunch is served from 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm
Dinner is served from 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm
- What are your bar hours?
Our bar opens at 7:00 am and closes at 9:00 pm.
- Do you offer Kosher or Halaal meal options?
We do offer Halaal meal options. While we are not Halaal certified, we do make use of separate pots and pans for Halaal meals and Halaal products. We unfortunately do not offer Kosher meal options, but with prior arrangement with management, guests are welcome to bring their own Kosher meals in sealed containers.
- Do you have conference facilities?
Yes, our venue is suitable for conferencing up to 35 delegates. Contact our reservations department for a quote on our day conference rates and overnight packages.
- Do you have wedding packages?
Our Lodge is perfect for Bush Weddings. Please refer to our wedding pages for more information: https://muluwa.co.za/weddings.
- How long does it take to drive to the Kruger National Park from the Lodge?
Lodge to Numbi Gate: 47 km, approximately 1hr drive
Lodge to Malelane Gate: 78 km, approximately 1h15 min drive
- Which Gate is the closest to get into the Kruger National Park?
The Numbi Gate is the closest gate.
- How long does it take to drive from Johannesburg to Muluwa Lodge?
Approximately 4 hours drive from Johannesburg.
- How are children accommodated?
Children of all ages are welcome in the Superior Rooms and Luxury Suites.
– A maximum of 2 children under 12 years of age per room can share with two adults sharing, on sleeper couches/extra beds (subject to availability).
– One child aged 6 – 11 years is permitted to share with a maximum of one adult in the Luxury Safari Tents. The adult sharing with one child pays the adult single rate, and the child pays the applicable child rate.
– Children aged 12 years and older are classified as adults and may occupy their own tents/rooms.
- Do you offer activities for children?
Our activities are child-friendly and children of all ages may take part in the Nature Drives, hiking trails and picnics. Parental supervision is essential.
- Is the Lodge situated in a malaria area?
White River is located in a low-risk malaria area. The use of insect repellents are recommended between September and May. Consult your physician for the best advice on the use of prophylactic medication when travelling to moderate- and high-risk areas as part of your trip.
- What is the weather like in White River?
The climate is warm and temperate in White River. In winter, there is much less rainfall than in summer. The warmest month of the year is February, with an average temperature of 21.2 °C (70.2 °F). July has the lowest average temperature of the year.
- Do you offer room service?
Room service is not offered as a standard service, but can be requested by prior arrangement for special occasions.
- Do you offer complimentary WIFI?
Uncapped Wifi is available in the public areas of the Lodge.
- Is the property accessible by normal sedan vehicle?
Yes, there are tarred roads up to the Lodge’s entrance, where there is a 100m stretch on well-maintained gravel.
- Can I bring my mountain bike?
Yes, you can.
- Is the Lodge accessible for people with mobility difficulties and wheelchair users?
Our facilities are not officially graded as Universal Accessible. We do have wheelchair access at our sister Lodge Ndhula’s public areas and railings in the public restroom. One of our tents has a ramp and wider passage to allow access for wheelchair users, plus grab rails in the en-suite bathroom. We have a golf cart available to assist guests with mobility difficulties to get to/from their rooms.
- Are the pools heated?
No, our pool is not heated.
- Can one feed the animals?
All the animals on the Likweti Bushveld Farm Estate are wild, and roam freely. They may not be fed, touched or chased.
- Do you have fireplaces in the rooms?
Our superior rooms and luxury chalets do have ornamental fireplaces. Due to health and safety regulations, these may regrettably not be used by our guests.