Whether you’re looking for an intimate wedding for just the two of you or hoping to celebrate your special day with close friends and family, it’s hard to picture a more idyllic location to say I do than Muluwa Lodge.
Set amidst the dramatic escarpments and verdant valleys of the Mpumalanga Lowveld region, the lodge boasts incredible views over the mountains, the bushveld and the surrounding valleys. The stunning view, beautiful sunrises and sunsets combined with a wonderful array of plains game species grazing close by makes one feel as if you are in the “Serengeti” with it ’s true African ambience.
Whilst you soak up the untamed beauty of South Africa, our attentive staff will work tirelessly to deliver the personal touches ensuring your wedding exceeds your wildest expectation. Their raison d’être: to make sure your far-flung fairy-tale comes true in this most extraordinary of locations. Your romantic African adventure starts here.
Wedding planning doesn’t need to be stressful. In fact, it can (and should) be exciting and fun! Our exclusive package goal is to let our brides feel relaxed and calm from “Yes!” to “I do!” knowing that they have an extraordinary team of planners, professional staff and service providers behind them every step of the way!
As our philosophy is to create a memorable experience for you and your guests, we offer the lodge on an exclusive basis to you for the whole weekend.
- 12 x Luxury Safari Tents @ R4760 per tent for the weekend
- 8 x Superior Rooms @ R7460 per room for the weekend
- 1 x Honeymoon Suite @ R8900 per suite for the weekend
- 1 x Luxury Suite (no twin bedding available in this room only) @ R8900 per suite for the weekend
Rate includes accommodation, breakfast daily
Minimum of two nights stay
Venue is free when booking sole use of the lodge
Inclusive wedding weekend experience for you and your guests for only R1850 per guest based on a Minimum of 44 guests.
- Personal dedicated wedding coordinator
- Exclusive use of the lodge for the weekend
- Floral stylist & wedding decor
- Makeup stylist
- Hair stylist
- Pre wedding dinner
- Three course plated dinner
- Full bar service
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- Exclusive use of the lodge is a minimum requirement for weddings
- Maximum of 2 people per room, but provision can be made for a camp cot if bringing your own
- Celebrations are to end strictly at midnight and music to be discontinued by 10pm (estate rules), this cannot be extended under any circumstances
- Maximum 60 persons for the wedding venue
- Venue access from 12pm on arrival day
- Accommodation check-in from 2pm on arrival day
- Venue: 11am latest on departure day
- Accommodation: 11am latest on departure day
- 50% of invoice to be paid within 7 days of invoice date
- Balance to be paid in full 30 days prior to arrival
- All other extras in full 14 days prior to arrival with rooming and name lists
- An additional charge of R10 000 will be charged for a breakage deposit – refundable at the end of event, subject to deductions for breakages
- Muluwa Lodge reserves the right to cancel the wedding, should any amounts not be paid timeously.
- To secure your wedding date a copy of our signed agreement needs to emailed as well as proof of payment.
- No drinks may be brought onto our premises by the wedding party or guests. We are a fully licensed establishment. A bar limit can be arranged as per your request
- A corkage fee will be charged of R90 per bottle for up to 10 bottles, 11+ bottles at R130 per bottle for beverages such as wines that a client would like to bring into our premises for the function (no other beverages may be brought in, eg sherry, hard liquor etc)
- No decorating or flower arranging may take place at Ndhula Lodge prior to the date of your function
- All rates quoted include VAT at 15%. All rates are subject to change
- Rates exclude any staff gratuities
- The deposit paid only guarantees availability for the date originally booked. It is not transferable to another date.
- Please be advised that a final co-ordination meeting must take place no less than four teen working days prior to the function date.
- We accept no responsibility for poor service deliverance, actions or opinions from third party suppliers, recommended or otherwise.
- Up to 120 days (4 months) prior to arrival: cancellation penalty of 25% of booking value
- 120 days – 90 days prior to arrival: cancellation penalty of 50% of booking value
- 90 days – 30 days prior to arrival: cancellation penalty of 75% of booking value
- Less than 30 days prior to arrival: cancellation penalty of 100% of booking value
Images below are courtesy of our dedicated wedding planner, Griselda le Grand from Events Societé.
Wedding Request For Proposal